- ½ of a medium red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1 large red pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise then cut into half circles
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced lengthwise then cut into half circles
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- ½ lb green beans, ends removed and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 can white beans
- 1 head kale, stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- Lemon Vitality Young Living Essential oil or squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients except kale, green beans, white beans and lemon oil in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 50 minutes.
- Add green beans and white beans and continue simmering until green beans are crisp tender, about 5-10 more minutes.
- Just before serving, remove stems of thyme sprigs from soup pot, and stir in the kale until wilted. Top each bowl with a drop of Young Living lemon vitality oil or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.