- 2 16-oz purchased polenta rolls, each cut into slices about ¼ inch thick
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 cup prepared gluten-free salsa
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 15-oz cans black or pinto beans (or 1 can of each)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup savory cashew cream sauce, divided (recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Mix ½ cup cilantro, salsa and cumin in a medium bowl.
- Arrange ½ the polenta slices on bottom of 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Top with ½ the salsa mixture, 1 can beans, and ½ cup corn.
- Drizzle on ½ cup cashew cream sauce. Set aside remaining ½ cup.
- Repeat layering, starting with polenta slices, then salsa mixture, beans, and corn.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown and casserole is bubbly, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let stand 5 minutes. While casserole is cooling, warm the reserved cashew cream sauce over low heat in a small sauce pan, or in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- Drizzle warmed cashew cream sauce over casserole, sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cilantro, and serve.