- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced in strips then each strip cut in half
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen/thawed)
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a pan. Reduce heat and cook, covered, for 12 minutes.
- Transfer cooked quinoa to a bowl. Stir frequently or let sit in refrigerator until cooled.
- Add red pepper, corn, black beans and cilantro to quinoa.
- Pour lime juice and apple cider vinegar into a small bowl and whisk in olive oil until well mixed. Add sea salt and whisk again. Pour over quinoa and toss well.
- Add avocado and toss just before serving.
Salads and Sides