- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ lime, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch kale (about 5-7 leaves), any type
- 6-8 large sprigs of mint
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted if desired
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ pint fresh strawberries, green tops removed and sliced vertically
- ½ cup dried cherries
- To make dressing, stir together vinegar, lime juice and honey in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil until well combined.
- Remove stem part from kale leaves. Roll or bunch kale leaves tightly and chop across the leaf into thin strips.
- Remove mint leaves from stems. Coarsely chop, making about 2/3 cup mint leaves.
- Place chopped kale and mint in large salad bowl and toss with dressing. Add almonds and berries and toss again. Serve garnished with a small mint sprig if desired.
Salads and Sides